Many thanks for your interest in the “Hey Karma” project. To streamline things – I know firsthand the time it takes to review a record – I’ve put this simple page together. It includes a making-of video, the record itself, and downloadable images along with a one-sheet and my bio. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to look and listen. – Michael
The topics this time out cover visits with angels, zombies, and karma, to a childhood visit to Graceland (“We hoped to see the King”). There are also a few swipes at the nonsense of corporate speak and the true tale of a real-live audience with Michael’s hero, funnyman Red Skelton. (Michael had a narrow brush with standup comedy before becoming a singer/songwriter.) The instrumentation is kept to a minimum – only four tracks feature a full band – allowing the stories and humor to shine. “Hey Karma” features ten original tunes, written or co-written by Michael. It’s available here on the web site and is being released in partnership with Miracle Mile Records.
Photo credit: Larry Colen
“Hey Karma” Artwork Credit:
Mike Samuel, Mike Samuel Graphics
- “Hey Karma” on Spotify
- “Hey Karma” YouTube videos
- “Hey Karma” full YouTube playlist (CD tracks)
- “Smartly written…lovingly bringing to life tunes about life, love and things in-between.” – Tara Joan, thedailycountry.com
- Gaither is a supremely talented storyteller, whose stripped back acoustic style on Hey Karma spotlights his charming wit, dripping sarcasm, and love for zombies.” - Shawn Thicke, bucketlistreviews.com
- “Zombies, Layoffs and Sarcasm” – Watsonville Register Pajaronian
For more information, interview requests, review copies of the CD or a digital/downloadable version of the record, please contact Michael by email at email@example.com or by phone at 831-288-2226.
Copyright 2017 / all rights reserved